Advice for parents/guardians
There is no reason why your children should not continue to attend their early years, school or further education setting as normal.
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about any symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Information for the public on the outbreak of coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and information about the virus and its symptoms.
A helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education has been launched by DfE (5 March 2020). Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)